lunedì 27 dicembre 2010

2011: The Year Android Explodes! Killing Innocent Women, Children, And iPhone Users

The top headlines today got me thinking back to 2008. Back then, I was writing for VentureBeat, and we used to talk quite a bit internally about iPhone versus Android. Yes, even back then it was a hot debate. And yes, back then, I was obviously in the iPhone camp. And this annoyed those who saw the promise of Android. "But Android will eventually become much larger than the iPhone," was the basic argument used against me. But it wasn't really against me. Even back then, I would openly acknowledge that Android would eventually far surpass the iPhone in terms of units shipped. I mean, how could it not? And so Fortune's headline today that "2011 will be the year Android explodes", has been a long time coming. In his article, Seth Weintraub brings up a number of excellent points about how exactly Android is poised to grow even faster in 2011 than it already did in 2010. Though I suspect a number of his points paint too�rosy�a picture in terms of the outcome of such downward pressures on costs. I find it very hard to believe, for example, that the carriers (in the U.S., in particular) won't find a way to screw us in 2011. It's an artform they've perfected over the past two decades.�But on paper, at least, it all sounds great.

CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR ACCENTURE ACER ADOBE SYSTEMS ADVANCED SEMICONDUCTOR ENGINEERING

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento