giovedì 28 ottobre 2010

Singapore: Why Innovate in Utopia?

SINGAPORE-- On the eve of my trip to Indonesia last May, I was having dinner in Cape Town with someone from an investment firm that has been killing it in Asia. When I told him Indonesia was my first trip to Southeast Asia he almost spit out his Springbok, saying "My God! You are starting with the hardest one first!" On the eve of this trip to Singapore, I was having coffee in San Francisco with a venture capitalist who has been killing it in the Valley, after four years of living in Southeast Asia. He gave the same observation a decidedly Valley twist: "You are going to be bored to death in Singapore." Bored is hardly the word I'd use-- it's hard to be bored when you are running from meeting to meeting, not to mention eating some of the most awesome food known to man. But Singapore is most definitely an Asia with training wheels. And that's the Singapore blessing when it comes to globalization, but it may be its curse when it comes to entrepreneurship.

ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS SAIC SATYAM COMPUTER SERVICES SES SHAW COMMUNICATIONS

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento